B2B Billing Manager - Part-time/Contract to Hire
Motivo is the largest marketplace for therapist online supervision. We provide therapists and mental health agencies with the tools they need to provide clinical supervision online. Motivo helps aspiring therapists obtain the supervision required to earn their license, grow their skills, and launch their careers. Learn more in this video.
As a company, we have a commitment to the personal and professional growth of our team. We believe in giving employees autonomy while holding a high standard of personal responsibility. We look for individuals who are kind, humble, good communicators, and coachable. The right candidate will be entrepreneurial - a self-starter who is drawn to opportunities, innovation, and new value creation.
Who We Want:
Motivo is seeking a B2B Billing Manager preferably with a healthcare background who will serve a pivotal role in supporting the growth of our existing B2B segment. Focus areas vary from tracking B2B Sales contract execution (keeping track of the collected amounts vs contract amounts), ensuring all B2B customer invoices are paid on time, lead all aged receivables processes and work to collect payments from customers with delayed payments, ensuring all new B2B customers are set up correctly to pay invoices, ensuring we use the best billing option. The person for this role will be joining a new role, will report directly to the Billing Director, and work very closely with the COO.
Being the first billing manager role, this role will require a broad range of cross-collaboration and coordination with other team members, including employer care (in charge of B2B relationships), sales (in charge of signing new contracts), product (in charge of automating billing processes and debugging) as well as the Exec Team (in charge of tracking team goals).
We also want a team of people who have an interest in the mental health industry and are driven by the opportunity to expand access to mental health care by creating more efficiency in the therapist licensure process.
We are a fully remote team, so you are welcome to live and work wherever you choose. Our only requirement is that you are able to maintain at least 6-7 hours overlap with the US-Eastern time zone on most days. This overlap is primarily required for a limited number of meetings and ad hoc discussions you’ll have with stakeholders. This is also required for you to connect with our B2B account portfolio regularly to ensure they’re set up correctly on our billing system and are paying their invoice timely.
Be the B2B point of contact-
- Being the go-to person for all things B2B billing (our B2B clients are employers within the behavioral space) internally.
- Being the go-to person for all things B2B billing externally and being the face and voice of Motivo billing to our B2B clients, existing and the new ones as they come on board.
- Handle all B2B billing matters with our existing clients with trust, mutual respect, and empathy. This will help you have billing conversations much more easily with them when you need to collect overdue payments.
Audit and launch B2B Billing processes-
- Critically assess all existing B2B processes and propose + roll out different ways of working in order to drive efficiency.
- Audit all our B2B customer accounts and ensure that they are all charged appropriately.
- Review our existing B2B onboarding process and propose + roll out different ways of working in order to drive efficiency
- Review our existing aged receivables process and propose + roll out different ways of working in order to drive efficiency
- Proactively implement ways of working that focus on scale in order to support our company's growth.
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure there is a smooth handover to billing new customers.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team (internally, we refer to this as our Employer Care function) to ensure there is a smooth process in billing existing customers; and that they are billed correctly as well as paying Motivo within due payment terms.
- Work closely with our product team to ensure all billing bugs are reported and resolved.
- Be comfortable with short deadlines, uncertainty, and change (in the role and in the direction we're taking as a company) that are part of the day-to-day life of a start-up environment.
- Be flexible with what this role entails, adapt to the growth of Motivo, and proactively scale the B2B billing operations.
- Communicate with care and empathy in order to build strong relationships with B2B clients and with your Motivo colleagues, outside of the billing team. Utilize a refreshing email voice that exemplifies the Motivo voice of helpfulness and understanding.
- Prioritize effectively, every day, to help you achieve your goals and keep B2B billing operations on track. Ensure you collect money from all our B2B clients within their due payment terms.
- Exhibit a high level of intrinsic motivation, fueled by the desire to see others succeed
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to see the world through our customers’ eyes
- Exhibit strong organizational skills, not letting things slip through the cracks
- Be a patient and active listener
- Have a very strong bias toward action and the ability to execute quickly
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be coachable, welcoming of feedback, eager to learn, adjust and grow
- Be a direct and intentional communicator in a work from home environment
- Be a team player and support your teammates
- Be entrepreneurial, drawn to opportunities, innovation, and new value creation.
Send resume to:
Tia Coffey, Executive Admin