Finance Analyst (Two Keys Property Mgmt) - Houston TX
IT, Accounting & Finance
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Are you ready to dive into the world of a fast-paced tech startup? Are you ready to change the world? At PadSplit we're disrupting the affordable housing industry by creating safe, attractive, and respectable co-living environments. If you're motivated by the conviction that working people should have a decent place to live, and want to do something about it, come join us!
At PadSplit, our purpose is to solve our affordable housing crisis one room at a time while leveraging housing as a vehicle for financial independence. Our principles are Care, Show it, Prove it. We live out our principles by embodying our values: Empathy, Optimism, Intellectual Curiosity, Strong Work Ethic, High Integrity, Self-Awareness, and Compassionate Directness.
Learn more about PadSplit here
As the Two Keys Finance Analyst, you are a motivated self-starter who has an eye for detail. You partner closely with cross-functional teammates to stay dialed into day-to-day business events - in fact, your superpower is your ability to link financial performance to the nuance of daily operations. This role is the finance analyst supporting Two Keys Property Management, which is the property management arm of PadSplit. Two Keys provides property management services for hundreds of PadSplit properties. The Finance Analyst will have three key responsibilities: (1) maintaining the Two Keys PM financial records, (2) calculating and processing monthly distributions and the associated reporting to property owners, and (3) creating and maintaining financial models and analysis for use by Two Keys management. The Two Keys Finance Analyst will take Two Keys’s financial reporting to the next level from where it is today, building out processes and adding tools to increase transparency and ensure accuracy.
- Daily oversight and maintenance of Two Keys’s accounting ledger, prioritizing accurate and complete financial reporting both at a property level and in total
- Manage the queue of Accounts Payable requests and submit requests for payment through PadSplit’s company-wide AP process
- Build cadences to analyze financials on a frequent basis in order to quickly identify and communicate anomalies to operational partners
- Support Two Keys Hosts with ad hoc analysis and detailed explanations for questions on property and portfolio performance
- Calculate and process the monthly Host Payout distributions, with a keen eye on accuracy and transparency
- Upgrade existing tools and processes to simplify accounting and reporting and to set Two Keys up for future success as it expands
- Develop and maintain financial models and analysis for use by Two Keys management
- Will be required, from time to time, to meet in person in our Houston office
- 3+ years of experience in finance roles such as FP&A, operational finance, and controllership
- Strong critical thinking abilities that enable the individual to successfully identify problems, assess situations, and apply solutions
- Skilled at building and streamlining processes with the ability to quickly identify gaps and opportunities for simplification
- Eagerness to establish domain expertise in real estate and property management by learning from peers and other available resources
- Demonstrates the ability to build strong working relationships by establishing trust and communicating with empathy
- Thrives in a fluid, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment; able to adapt to changing business needs and influence decision-making across
- Unquestioned integrity and clarity around doing the right thing for our customers, your co-workers, and the company
Job Type: Full time
Benefits & Perks - US-Based Employees
Competitive compensation package + Equity
Flexible Paid Time Off
Work with a smart, diverse, mission-driven team
Comprehensive medical, dental & vision insurance
Make the world a better place
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
PadSplit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com