Director of Talent and People
People & HR
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2024
At PadSplit we are on a mission to help solve the affordable housing crisis one room at a time while leveraging housing as a vehicle for financial empowerment. Our principles are Care, Show it, Prove it, and we’ve been proving it through our actions for the last six years.
To date, PadSplit’s rent-by-the-room marketplace has provided safe, clean, affordable housing to over 25,000 people. We serve the workers that serve our communities every day with a solution that brings together renters in need of housing with real estate owners looking for increased revenues and cities looking for improved economic and environmental outcomes.
We are on a mission to change the world – one room at a time. Join us!
Learn more about PadSplit here
What does a PadSplit Director of Talent and People do every day (week/month/year)?
- Oversee Talent Acquisition: PadSplit is in hiring mode and the Director of Talent and People will ensure the recruiting engine is running smoothly. Prior experience in talent acquisition will be a big plus.
- Beef up Feedback Mechanisms: PadSplit has a good baseline setup here but there is plenty of room for the Director of Talent and People to take us to the next level. Experience with performance management and plenty of organizational and analytical skills will prove valuable in achieving this goal.
- Lead Culture Conversations: Company culture is not and cannot be driven by a single person, but the Director of Talent and People will dedicate a good amount of time to keeping tabs on culture. They will do this successfully by building relationships across every department and creating an open environment where all team members feel comfortable providing honest insights. And they’ll make sure we remember to breathe and have fun once in a while.
- Run the Playbook: Any experienced People leader is going to be intimately familiar with the long list of processes that go on behind the scenes for onboarding, offboarding, benefits, compliance, and more. As Director of Talent and People you will be responsible for running the show and ensuring these tasks are completed timely and accurately.
You’ll have a high probability of success in this role if you have ...
- Influencing Skills: sustain a consistent approach to performance management, talent acquisition, and compensation across the company
- Organizational Skills: successfully keep tabs on HR requirements related to the needs of PadSplit employees and contractors - benefits, compliance, etc.
- Analytical Skills: drive improvement by defining and tracking metrics for measurement of the People Ops team.
- A Natural Knack for Empathy: build strong relationships across the organization to serve the critical role of being a safe space to whom any employee or contractor is comfortable bringing concerns and questions.
- Remote Company Readiness: arrive on day one armed with creative ideas to engage a fully remote workforce.
- People Ops Experience: the ideal candidate has 5-10 years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility throughout their career to-date.
Benefits & Perks - US-Based Employees
Competitive compensation package + Equity
Flexible Paid Time Off
Work with a smart, diverse, mission-driven team
Comprehensive medical, dental & vision insurance
Make the world a better place
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
PadSplit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org