Business Internship (May 2023 Start)
Who are we? Carpool is a logistics tech platform for shipping cars. As e-commerce takes foothold in all parts of our life including buying and selling cars online, our digital platform connects vehicle shippers with auto haulers. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on one truck, which means lower cost and fewer emissions. With the automotive revolution upon us, our potential clients range from car manufacturers, auto dealers, online car sales platforms, to ride-hailing companies.
Who are you? If you are a driven self-starter and want to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in Atlanta, this is a great opportunity to join our team. You get in on the ground floor at an automotive logistics tech startup as the industry enters renaissance. To make it even better, you will get to do it at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village.
What will you do? Carpool is looking for an ambitious Business Intern to help manage our daily vehicle shipments and to fuel the growth of auto hauler partnerships. We’re seeking a self-starter who will be an integral part of our team and manage daily execution. This is a competitive role and will require negotiation skills, growth mindset, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
As in every startup you will be wearing multiple hats beyond the core responsibilities. Our internship is a very well-rounded business experience for starting a career and we look to hire our interns upon graduation.
- Manage the execution of daily vehicle shipments and provide timely customer updates.
- Proactively search for new auto hauler partners and assign shipment orders.
- Develop and cultivate carrier relationships for regular transport lanes.
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and managed in the system.
- Communicate with the sense of urgency to provide excellent customer experience.
- Identify transportation delays or issues and implement the best solution.
- Supply chain, logistics or marketing majors preferred.
- Juniors & seniors only. Must be able to work 28 hours/week minimum.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Creative problem-solving, detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
We are proud to offer a competitive hourly pay of $17/hour. You will have an amazing experience at a fast-growing startup located in Buckhead at the Atlanta’s startup hub – Atlanta Tech Village (ATV). ATV’s amenities include a playroom, rooftop, unlimited coffee, snacks, and beer (with ID). As we scale, high performers that play a critical role in building the business will get to participate in the stock options. We are just getting started so career opportunities are endless. Carpool Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Carpool Logistics
Carpool is a car shipping marketplace. Our platform enables multiple clients to share space on a truck, lowering cost and emissions.
Carpool is an Atlanta Tech Village and ATDC Signature company. We were awarded with a prestigious award of Top 10 Georgia Technology Startup by Technology Association of Georgia, Top 5 B2B Startup and Top 5 Tech Startup by Built In publication. We have been selected as a presenter at Venture Atlanta 2022 and have been featured by Atlanta Business Chronicle and Hypepotamus publications.