Marketing Automation Manager (Remote)
Soundstripe is a fast-growing company that provides high-quality music and sound effects to creators, brands, and filmmakers for use in their creative productions. We’re on a mission to “Keep Creators Creating”, and strive to empower creative communities with a diverse library of resources that inspire, engage, and elevate their work.
We’ve won awards for our premium content, our clever brand marketing, and our humanistic company culture. We are a remote-first company with a geographically distributed team, but love the energy and productivity boost that comes from getting together in person, and thus encourage periodic in-person gatherings at our company headquarters in Music City - Nashville, TN.
About this role:
We are looking for a proactive and seasoned Marketing Automation Specialist to join our growing team to help build world-class email marketing campaigns and automation programs that enable us to effectively communicate and engage with customers from around the world.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of building and managing impactful data-driven initiatives that can deliver personalized marketing experiences across the customer lifecycle at scale, driving product activation, boosting conversion, and growing customer LTV.
In this role, you will create, manage, and implement campaigns and programs that build customer activation, support our sales functions, and drive revenue for our core and enterprise businesses. You’ll be collaborating with department leaders on vision setting and taking ownership of technical development, program execution, reporting, testing and optimization.
This is an opportunity with a heavy emphasis on autonomy and giving space for an emerging leader to take on growing responsibility and directly impact business revenue.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Plan, build, and execute industry leading email marketing campaigns and marketing automation programs targeting Soundstripe-owned audiences, using our ecosystem of marketing technology, including Hubspot.
- Work closely with our departmental partners to strategize, validate, and build complex automated marketing programs and spot email campaigns across channels.
- You will create, test, and maintain dynamic email templates, marketing landing pages, data workflows, and other tasks associated with our automated marketing campaigns.
- Develop, manage and maintain the marketing automation roadmap, drive continuous improvement and innovation for marketing integrations, personalization and segmentation capabilities, lead-scoring model, and contact management.
- Measure and analyze campaign/program effectiveness including email and conversion metrics, generate campaign insights using closed-loop reporting between marketing automation, crm, website, and app-based traffic. Continuously work to identify areas for testing and improvement.
- Work in conjunction with the Product team on interpreting user behavioral data to identify triggers that indicate potential lifecycle changes. Identify and build customer segments that support our acquisition and lifecycle initiatives.
- Research, recommend, and implement system enhancements between marketing automation, CRM, and sales tools, and to the lead nurturing process in order to increase conversion and close rates.
- Become the center of excellence and subject matter expert on email design, building, compliance and strategic best practices and tactics.
- Lead compliance exercises to ensure database integrity and manage lead and contact data hygiene in accordance with GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM and CASL
- Manage and deliver marketing technology support for our marketing and sales teams, including day to day operations and troubleshooting.
- Proven track record of developing and executing email campaigns and automation programs across multiple channels that delivered on performance targets.
- Customer-obsession, entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, bias towards action, and a well-rounded skill set. Must have a passion for great email marketing and desire to get hands on coding emails, building automations and customer journeys, setting up tests, and segmenting data.
- Highly organized, able to simultaneously manage multiple projects, teams, and timelines without breaking a sweat. Strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations.
- This is a both a strategic and technical role that requires skill in developing email templates, marketing landing pages, data workflows and email automations using HTML, CSS, template scripting, SQL and other languages/platforms to accomplish tasks associated with automated marketing campaigns.
- Native knowledge of strategies and tactics for each stage of the customer lifecycle and ability to effectively identify actionable messaging opportunities that drive performance.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to analyze data, draw insights, and make data-driven decisions to optimize nurture campaigns and drive desired outcomes. Comfortable leveraging analytics, product data, and product marketing insights to identify and execute innovative programs that continually push initiatives to the next level.
- Desire to develop and evolve advanced segmentation strategies that deliver truly personalized marketing programs and exceptional client experience.
- A natural ability to collaborate well with others across the organization and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and highly-fluid environment.
- Stakeholder Management; collaborate with a variety of stakeholders from across the business to identify opportunities for marketing technology to reduce costs, increase sales and improve efficiencies.
- 4-5 years of experience in a B2B Marketing Automation role.
- SQL, HTML/CSS skills.
- Experience in subscription business models and metrics (LTV, churn, etc.)
- Hands on experience with marketing automation tools required (Hubspot preferred) including implementation, administration and integration
- Expertise with pulling performance and engagement metrics and producing data-driven insights and reports. Familiarity with Google Analytics, Tableau, Mixpanel, and Hubspot.
- Must have a strong sense of business acumen -- enjoy and thrive in project management across teams and for initiatives, working cross team and communicating internally about project descriptions and timelines.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment without sacrificing attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and superior communication skills
- Capable of learning new technologies and determining its impact on the business.
Soundstripe is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. Soundstripe provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Soundstripe complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.