Director, Growth Marketing
Director, Growth Marketing
About Relay Payments
Relay Payments is a venture-backed startup, building a contactless payment network in the transportation and logistics industry. Our mission drives everything we do! The transportation and logistics industry has continued to run on cash and checks since the 1970s. Relay Payments is spearheading the modernization of payments, pushing the industry into the 21st century. We work with the largest Carriers, Freight Brokers, and 3PLs in the United States who care about their Drivers, and help ensure that their products get to shelves quickly for consumer consumption.
About The Role
Relay Payments is seeking a data-driven, revenue-centric Director of Growth Marketing to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for planning, organizing, and executing outbound programs that generate new prospects and advance existing opportunities for the marketing & sales teams within targeted segments, accounts, and contacts. This role will support various marketing programs, including paid search, display, ABM, paid social, ROI tracking, and campaign analysis. The role will be a key contributor to our marketing team's success.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience executing multi-channel campaigns to drive lead acquisition and be highly data-driven in making decisions and presenting results. You will be responsible for generating new leads for our sales team and working closely with your team to coordinate programs, content, and track performance. A successful candidate will be results-driven, sales-focused, and able to test new demand generation tactics while creating a program that scales efficiently. The role will report to the CMO and will have several direct reports.
Relay Payments is shaking up an industry that relies on age-old payment methods, and our marketing is a mix of traditional tactics that resonate with our audience, coupled with digital techniques that reflect the future we are inventing.
- Lead the strategy and execution for demand generation campaigns across digital marketing channels, including but not limited to SEM, paid social, digital advertising, and events.
- Execute campaigns and manage the inbound lead flow process, from lead capture to landing page creation, and integration with CRM tools.
- Manage a small, agile team to help develop effective account-based marketing strategies to influence target accounts and build highly customized campaigns.
- Continually measure and own critical metrics, including MQLs, SQLs, Marketing Initiated Opportunities, and other pipeline metrics, to make campaign changes based on performance.
- Understand how new leads flow through the lead lifecycle across various stages and continually implement new strategies and tactics for optimization.
- Oversee project management for your demand generation campaigns to ensure timely execution across various stakeholders and teams.
- Work closely with marketing ops, content, design, sales, and customer success.
- You have experience managing high-performing growth marketing teams.
- You have 10+ years of dedicated B2B demand generation experience with paid search, paid social, and ABM.
- Demonstrated ability to drive down CAC while increasing marketing's contribution to the sales pipeline.
- Organized and strategic in your thinking and disciplined in your execution.
- Proven track record of measuring and improving the effectiveness of demand generation efforts at each level of the funnel.
- Solid experience creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns using tactics that include email, direct mail, live events, webinars, digital advertising, and social channels.
- Track record of developing and managing multiple marketing programs simultaneously.
- Experience with targeting, segmentation, and list acquisition to build prospect lists for demand generation campaigns.
- Have a strong understanding of how to leverage inbound marketing and content marketing to generate more qualified leads.
- Familiarity with the sales cycle and how to employ marketing communication strategies to nurture leads, drive adoption, and accelerate growth.
- Willingness to experiment and then adapt strategies based on data.
- Experience running campaigns directly in platforms such as Google Search, LinkedIn, HubSpot, and Salesforce.
- Previous experience working with BI tools like Tableau or Looker is a plus.
Our Core Values
- Invent the Future - We embrace the spirit of invention, the idea that there’s always a better way. Together we dream big, fail fast, drive forward, and find creative solutions where others see roadblocks. We prize grit, resilience and speed as we work to transform our industry and to move it into the future.
- Own the Work - Our work is a source of personal pride and fulfillment. We’re here because we relish a challenge and enjoy the exercise of proactively identifying and solving problems. We understand the power of accountability and are in constant pursuit of “more and better” for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
- We’re in it Together - We’re all in, committed to, and driven by our shared ambition and vision; we understand that alignment and collaboration are imperative. We set aside our ego to actively sync with one another, becoming greater than the sum of our parts. We are consistently open and generous with information, clear, concise and direct in our communication.
Why Relay Payments
- This is a game-changing chance to join one of Atlanta’s best-funded, most well-positioned fintech start-ups.
- We are generously sharing equity in the company - everyone’s an owner!
- We invest in your future with our 401K match program and dedicated personal/professional development funds.
- Do what’s best for your mental, physical and emotional health with our “Unlimited/Be Reasonable” PTO policy.
- We offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance.
- And lots, lots more!
Relay Payments is an equal opportunity employer. At Relay Payments, we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.